Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Christmas Around the World Swap Questions

1. Are you religious?
I do Attended a Christian service weekly.

2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced?
I have to admit I am beginner, However I am a crocheter.

3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting?
I love to read and sew, Cook, Quilt, and Crochet.

4. Favorite color(s)?
Crimson Reds and Cobalt Blues, I also love Natural earth tones as well.

5. Do you collect anything?
I collect Christmas ornaments and Apples themed Items for my kitchen. Beanie Babies and old coins.

6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals?
I am allergic to cats, the dander and fur, I know its sad. I prefer natural fibers such as hemp, cotton, bamboo. ETC.

7. Do you have any pets?
Not at the moment but I might be adding some fish to my family from a friend that is moving across the country.

8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate?
Prefer Coffee and Tea's, I am not to big on hot Coco.

9. Cookies or Sweets?
Cannot resist them, I love lemon flavored pastries and fillings.

10. Do you knit socks?
Not yet But I am going to learn soon, Well as soon as my knitting teacher has some free time to start me on my way.

11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits)
Right now I am knitting wash clothes and hot pads to put together as sets for my family for Christmas. I am also using a hat loom to make hats for my kids and nephews.

12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do?
Yes I love my tree and I put it up right after thanksgiving.

13. Favorite holiday treats?
Homemade candies like caramels and turtles and peanut brittle. Truffles and breads.

14. Favorite holiday smells?
Balsam Fir, Gingerbread, Cinnamon and apples, Mulling spices.

15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate.
We are a traditional family, I love the meaning of Christmas and look forward to sharing stories with my family each year.

16. What are your favorite holiday traditions?
For my Children its the Pickle packages, it goes as follows, I have a tiny pickle ornament I hide it in the tree, It matches and is hard to spot. when the kids find it they get a package that contains little goodies to keep them busy while they wait for saint nick, They also get new pajama's to sleep in that night from the jammie elf's. We have a Christmas Eve dinner and gingerbread house making with our family and close friends.

17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....”
Watching my children open up pretty packages and being with those I love and to celebrate the life and honor of our lord and savior Jesus.

18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….?
One that shines bright yet gives you a feeling warmth and love.

19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given?
My favorite gifts I have received are my family. But I do love my I pod from my husband.

20. When do you start your Christmas?
Right after Thanksgiving..

21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them?
I try to send them every year, But I buy them mostly as I am pressed for time.

22. What is your favorite Christmas dish?
Ham and Sweet potatoes.

23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do?
I join in the singing fun and invite them in to have some cookies and a warm drink, It snows where I live so ..... We gotta warm em up.

24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning?
We always wait until Christmas Morning.

25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both?
Both, I love my family and look forward to seeing my friends gather in my house as we celebrate. We also honor the savior and his blessings and gifts to each of us that we can be assured that his promises are true.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kimmie! I have a card for you, would you like it mailed, or have mom bring it? Have a happy day!!!

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Kimberly! We do the pickle thing too, though we don't have kids yet so it's really only just to hang a pickle on the tree right now :) Someday we'll do the special game with it. It looks like you had a birthday recently! Me too :) Hope yours was amazing! And hope you've been enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!

Unknown said...

Kim, Where are you? YOu need a new post :c)!