Thursday, November 20, 2008

He Chose Nails


I found this picture and it spoke to me. I would love to read this book. I am going to ask the library to get it for me. But the title struck me, Jesus truly did choose nails. He paid the ransom for us. Its such an amazing gift. I think of all the gifts I could ever give in my life none could measure up to his nail pierced hands and feet. As Christmas approaches and I am faced yet again of what to really buy for my kids that could mean something significant in their lives what could I get, more important what could I give? The whole Christmas machine has become so overwhelming, Its not just a simple celebration of Jesus birth anymore. Its all about who got the best stuff and who can buy the best things. Kids demanding more than the budget allows, Going into debt to provide something that will be forgotten by next year. As It has been getting closer I am finding myself reconsidering everything I thought Christmas might have been about. Do I really need to spend hundreds of forgotten dollars or would it be more meaningful if I made gifts or bought things of need rather than value or pleasure. Does getting the latest and greatest items provide true happiness or is it fleeting? I guess I am feeling I would rather not keep up with what the buyers market is counting on me doing, and find a better way.

No comments: